Sunday, September 6, 2009

Passy Update

Weaning the passy is taking longer than I expected. I have held strong and I have not given him the "real" passy, but nap time and bed time are more difficult with this "broken" passy. He fusses a little before he goes to sleep, but it is getting better. He doesn't use it while he's sleeping, but he just wants it when he initially lays down. I thought by now that he wouldn't be interested in the passy since it is "broken", but he still wants it. He often holds it with one hand to keep it in his mouth. I guess it's a security thing, because it doesn't even work! So the plan is to cut it a little more, so its even more difficult for him to hold in his mouth and hopefully he will soon give it up. I didn't want to just take it from him, I want him to get rid of it on his own. I know it probably sounds silly, but I've heard from other mom's that they will eventually lose interest. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment