Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Teething . . . again?!?!


So I thought we were done with teething for a while, but the past week or so Aiden has constantly had his finger in his mouth and has been drooling all the time. I knew he had his full set of 16 baby teeth (shown) and at first I passed it off as tooth shifting; some of his teeth aren't completely in, and maybe were coming through more. Well after some research I found out that children can get their second molars as early as 22 months. I had heard from friends and family that they usually come around 2 1/2 or 3, but evidently Aiden's are coming soon! (he's almost 21 months) His baby teeth came in early- the complete set by about 18 months, so this isn't surprising. Like I said, I just thought we were done for a while. The diagram shows the full set of "baby" teeth (20 total). Currently, he has all but those second molars, but they should be popping up any time now!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Aiden. Hope they come in quickly & at least you won't have to worry about him having teething pain when the new baby comes!

    ReplyDelete