Thursday, February 4, 2010

Showered with Love

Our friends and my co-workers had showers for us to welcome this new baby! We had a great time at the shower and are so appreciative of all the people who love us and who love this baby. I honestly think we have the best friends and family ever! Here is a group of us at the shower . . .
The gifts- WOW! We got so much! And everyone must know us well b/c everything we got was so practical! Lots and lots of diapers, wipes, toiletries, medicine, etc. I got a new diaper bag from the girls at work which I LOVE! and we got some girl bedding from the Baxter grandparents. I am so tempted to open it and start decorating the nursery, but if we are having a boy, I don't think he will appreciate all the pink. You all were so generous and we can't say thank you enough!
This picture was just too funny not to post. They guys had a bottle drinking race. They drank mountain dew and it was hilarious. I think Micah may have had some experience, because he did really well (and didn't cheat).
Here are my co-workers who gave me a shower at Dolce in Peachtree City. It was so nice and we had a great time. and the food- oh so yummy!! It was so unexpected, and I'm using my new diaper bag just to break it in for the new baby :-).
It's funny because everyone says the first born child gets all the attention; and I think there is some truth to that, but this baby is unique and special in it's own way. I was really excited to meet Aiden, but I am just as excited, if not more to meet this baby. He/She will come into the world exactly when God plans and this baby will be so loved. I am getting so excited now and I have such a peace about everything. With Aiden, I was so nervous and anxious. Yes, I'm a little anxious with this one, but my faith is stronger and I am confident in God's plan for my life and His plan for this new person that will enter our lives very soon.
Thank you for your love and support! (and all the diapers) We appreciate it more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment