Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

Christmas was so much fun this year.  It was the first year Aiden was aware of the holiday and all it's traditions.  We had so much fun teaching him and watching him take it all in.  We read the "Jesus book" as Aiden calls it, all month long (the Christmas story), and Aiden played with my nativity many times (with permission, it's not breakable).  Baby Jesus went missing a couple times and we had to find him around the house.  He learned the names of all the people and would set them up in a row. 

Our Christmas actually was spread out since we get to celebrate with each of our 3 families.  I don't think there is a toy out there that Aiden didn't get.  His grandparents got him so much!  We enjoyed our time spent with our parents and siblings.  We are really blessed to have them as our family.

We got a picture before our candle light Christmas Eve service.  We sang Aiden's favorite Christmas song- "Rejoice" as he calls it, O come O come Emmanuel at church.  I let Aiden hold the candle and he asked me 5 times when he could blow it out.  After waiting patiently he blew it out and got wax on my jeans.  I guess that's what I get for letting a 2 year old play with fire. :-)   
On Christmas Eve, Jeff and Aiden made cookies for Santa.  Aiden wanted to actually see Santa, and we had to explain that he comes while everyone is sleeping many times.
 getting a little taste . . .
On Christmas morning, Aiden came into our room (as he usually does) and I guess he walked right past the presents because he didn't say anything about them.  We told him that Santa came and he was excited to see what he brought.  He noticed his play kitchen and guitar first.  Ty woke up shortly after and wanted to play with the guitar too.  It makes lots of noises and it lights up!  We opened gifts and ate Monkey bread for breakfast.
 After lunch we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, here's my cake . . .
 The boys enjoyed playing with their new toys.  Ty had the sniffles on his first Christmas, but I think it's just a little cold.  He is content watching his big brother and playing with simple toys.  I think Aiden's favorite toy is his real Dirt Devil vacuum.  He has used it all around the house multiple times, in the living room, in the kitchen and even in his room.  It was so much fun this year and I'm excited to experience more Christmas's with them especially while they are so young!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had a lovely Christmas. I can't wait for baby Wright to be old enough to enjoy Christmas. Of course I'm pleased enough to wait for it:)

    ReplyDelete