Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This and That

I've taken lots of pictures lately.  Sometimes I look at the kids and think "I need to grab my camera quick before they get any bigger", or "Have I taken any pictures this week" because Ty is growing so fast and I have to capture it.  Here's a look at what's been going on at our house lately:

Aiden is doing well at dressing himself.  This task will make my life just a little bit easier so I am strongly encouraging it.  He went to the bathroom the other day and came out like this . . .

(pants on backward)
and all I said was "good job buddy", I gave him a high five and laughed. :-)

Coupons- I really slacked off during the month of December and actually paid full price for groceries a couple times!  Ty helped me catch up on cutting coupons one day. :-)
 He had a blast rolling around in the coupons!  He crushed them up and slid them around.

 One thing that I love about having two kids of the same gender is dressing them alike.  I put the boys in a Polo sweater vest for church on Sunday.  They might hate me for this later, but I'll continue to do it while they are young. 



As I've mentioned, Ty puts everything in his mouth, so I am constantly watching him and pulling things out of his mouth when I see him munching on something.  I didn't think I had to worry about this with Aiden anymore.  Evidently, this looks like candy to my son . . .

I'm still confused as to why he did it, but Aiden bit into a dishwasher pac!  He actually gets these out of the cabinet and puts them in the dishwasher when he is helping me in the kitchen, so he knows what they are.  I guess his curiosity got the best of him.  I don't think much went in his mouth because I found the opened pac, but he came to me moving his tongue around his mouth and he was upset.  I immediately smelled the soap and gave him a drink and washed him off (it got on his skin too).  I'm pretty sure he won't do that again because he continues to tell me that "soap taste yucky".

Lastly, our Ty is now pulling up.  He goes from sitting to standing very quickly and he does it everywhere!  His new favorite place- the bathtub! 

We are constantly telling him to sit down while in the bath, but around the house he pulls up on everything and really enjoys all that he can see from standing up. 

So that's it.  Never a dull moment with these 2 crazy boys in our house! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Aiden looks so proud of himself, he did a great job, even if he put his jeans on backwards. Ty looks like he is having a great time in the coupons...LOL
    I love the polo outfits that match. I bet they were the best dressed boys at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The soap story made me laugh out loud!! I can totally picture him doing that!! And the backwards jeans - just a mini- "Kris Kross!" But at least he picked a great shirt!

    ReplyDelete