Friday, May 10, 2013

Conversations with a 5 year old

Aiden is extremely inquisitive at his age.  He must ask me at least 100 questions a day  Typically, these conversations happen in the car- he does his best thinking there.  Some of our conversations are just too funny and I have to record them . . .


A- "Mom, I have 2 brothers"
Me- "yes, that's right, and I have one brother.  Do you know who my brother is?"
A- "yeah, Uncle Marcus"
Me- "yup"
(long pause)
A- "Mom, Who's going to be your next brother?"

After dog sitting for Uncle Cale and Aunt Mandy who have 2 dogs (one large and one small).
A- "Mom, How old are Molly and PJ?"
Me- (after texting Mandy) "PJ is 9 and Molly is 4."
A- "How is PJ 9?, he is the smallest!"

We were headed to CFA for dinner and I told the boys it was almost time to go.  I'm looking around the house and can't find Aiden, I look in the garage to find him already in the car and buckled in his seat.
Me- "Aiden, get out, you need to go potty before we leave"
A- (very frustrated) "Ugh!  I was trying to have initiative to get in the car by myself!"

At Aiden's school, there is an American flag and a Christian flag . . .
A- "Mom, who lives in Christian"
Me- (confused) "um . . . . what?"
A- "We live in America, but who lives in Christian?  like the flag?"
Me- "We are Christians, it's not a place.  You have that flag at your school, because the people at your school are Christians because they follow Jesus"
A- "Everybody is a Christian?"
Me- "No, some people don't believe in Jesus or God"
A- (shocked and surprised) WHAT?  WHY? (like they were just crazy to not believe in Jesus)

After counting his money in his piggy bank. . .
Me- "Wow, Aiden you have 41 dollars.  What do you want to do with it"
A- "I think I need to save it for when I'm a dult (adult) because I will need a car"
Me- "oh okay, what car do you want to buy?"
A- "a corvette"




No comments:

Post a Comment