Saturday, March 29, 2014

First Game

The boys had their first game today!  It was cool and cloudy, but the rain held off so they could play!  I was expecting Ty to be nervous and possibly cry because he had a few melt downs at practice, and I was right.  The boys warmed up and stretched with their team and when it was time to get in the dug out for the game, Ty lost it and when I asked him why he was crying, he said, "I don't know".  I told him he had to play and if he did well we would get ice cream; he continued to cry for about 10 minutes but he did as he was told, lined up for batting order and then out on the field for defense.  After that he got over it and was fine the rest of the game.  He was even playing and being silly on the field; it was like he was a different kid.  Our team played very well for their first game; a few key players in the infield made our outs quickly and the kids batted well off the T.  A.J. and Ty both got a hit; A.J. got to first and then his brother was up next, but Ty got our third out at first to end that inning.  As they went in the dugout, I told Ty how proud I was that he got a hit and he was doing a great job, then he asked me, "Can we have ice cream now?" :-)  We ended up winning 5-3.  At one point, Ty called me from the dugout and said, "Mom, we're winning!"  
Gram pushed Mark in the stroller until he eventually fell asleep.  Chief was a great coach for the boys and the whole team.  We're looking forward to a great season!  






No comments:

Post a Comment