Thursday, May 22, 2014

AJ's End of the Year Program

I'm not sure how, but Aiden's school year has come to an end.  It really has flown by.  This morning he had his "graduation" and school program.  It was so cute to see all the kids dressed up.  They sang a few songs and each received a certificate for completing kindergarten.  He has had a great year and I can really see the progress in his reading.  He knows hundreds of sight words, and can sound out many other words on his own.  He continues to amaze me in the math that he does.  He loves to multiply and divide, measure things, and count money.  I'm convinced he will find a career where he uses math every day.
Ms. Gable really knows him well and has been a great first year teacher for him.  She is very patient and structured at the same time.  She has taken the time out to work with AJ on his level which I am very thankful for.  Kindergarten has been a great experience for him.  He has come such a long way from the crying 4-year old when I dropped him off at pre-school last year. :-)
We now officially have a first grader!   





No comments:

Post a Comment