Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Date Night- Ty

Before school was out, I told Jeff that I wanted to have 2 individual date nights with the older boys.  Tonight we made the first one happen!  I intentionally wanted Ty to go first (because AJ goes first in everything).  When I asked Ty if he wanted to go on a date with me he said, "Not today, because I'm too young" and I told him he was too young to date other girls, but Mom was different.  Then he said "but you're already married".  I don't think he understood what we were going to do, so I explained and he agreed.  His choice for dinner; Zaxby's because "they have the best sauce".  I grabbed his hand when we were walking in and he said "we don't have to hold hands, were not in a parking lot".  I told him I just wanted to hold his hand.  Ty said a sweet prayer at dinner and thanked God for "going on a date with mom"  He wanted a sandwich and they put the sauce on their chicken sandwiches.  Ty made such a mess on his shirt; everytime he would take a bite, sauce would drip out the end of his sandwich.  I let him taste my coke and he thought that was cool.   I asked him if he had ever tasted it before and he said, "yeah, I just did".
He wanted to play putt-putt golf, but they were closed, so I told him we could either go to a park or to an arcade.  Before I left the house I threw a ball in the car.  At dinner he chose to go to an arcade, but as he was getting in the car he noticed the ball and said, "you should have told me you brought a ball".  So to the park we went.  I found one we hadn't been to and Ty played on the playground a little bit then we got on a baseball field to kick and throw the ball around.  He loved it!  He loved running around and he kept telling me to back up because he was going to kick it far.  I let him "drive" around the parking lot before we headed to Dairy Queen.  He asked for a cookie dough blizzard, but turns out, he didn't want the cookie dough, so I ate it and he ate the ice cream.
It was so nice to have time with him where it was really all about him.  Ty is so sweet, funny, and well behaved and I am blessed to be his mom.  We had a fun date night!  




No comments:

Post a Comment