Monday, August 4, 2014

AJ's First Day

I fully expected today to be an easy drop off as AJ went to school for his first day of first grade.  He has the same teacher he had last year; he loved her and is very comfortable with her.  He has many friends in his class; Paxton, Max, Julianna, and others that were in his class from last year.  We went to open house and he knew where his classroom was.  I left the younger boys in the car to walk him in.  We get inside and he's one of the first students there.  He knows to hang his book bag up and put his lunch box in a certain area.  He finds his desk and I can see his eyes filling up with tears.  I pretend not to notice and tell him to have a good day.  He's insisting that I check him out early and I explained that he needs to be there all day, he said, "will you get in the very front of car line (sniffling)"  I agreed and before I let my tears out, I walked as fast as I could back to the car.  I knew he would be fine, but I just didn't expect him to get upset again.  Maybe next year. :-)     




No comments:

Post a Comment