Sunday, March 15, 2015

Potty Training Round 3

I am now potty training for the third time- I should be an expert.  I thought about trying to potty train Mark over the holidays when Jeff was home.  Mark was not into it and just didn't seem interested.  I would put him on the potty and he would say, "Put my diaper on, I don't want candy".  I knew I shouldn't push it, so we waited.  He really wasn't showing an intrest, but I had potty trained the other boys at about his age and I didn't want to wait much longer so I gave it another try.  At first he resisted, but I got the older boys involved- we talked about being very excited for Mark and showing him how to be a big boy.

Step 1- always be naked (ready to sit on the potty at any moment)


Step 2- sitting on the potty, sometimes for a long time




Step 3- Look for "pee-pee" in the potty.

Step 4- celebrate!!!  Mark's reward for pee-pee is a dum-dum sucker, but for going #2, he gets Ice Cream!!!

He has definitely been the most challenging, and had the most accidents.  It's taken a little more time, but he is ready and after about 2 weeks, he is doing very well!  I am so proud of him and I am SO happy to be done with diapers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment