Friday, February 26, 2016

AJ at 8 years old

8 sounds so grown up to me.  It's hard to believe AJ is 8!

AJ . . .

continuously amazes me with his knowledge of random facts.  He has a few fact books and he'll remember detailed numerical facts like the speed of light.

is doing great in school; he's above grade level for reading, he excels in math, his weakness is spelling, but taking extra time to study results in doing well on the spelling tests.

has a lot of activities right now.  He does chess club, boy scouts, soccer, and is practicing for the church musical.

now picks out his own clothes before school.

has developed a "teenage-like" attitude occasionally.  When I tell him to do something he will interrupt me and say, "I know Mom!"  I didn't think this started so young.

is very mature for his age and we have to encourage him to just be a kid and play.

loves playing mindcraft.

loves reading, espically Diary of A Wimpy Kid books, I survived books and Magic Tree House.

gets to stay up later than his brothers.  His bed time is now 8:00.

will learn how to do his laundry on his own now that he is 8.

his closest friends are Gideon, Miles, Sadie, Gracie and Juliana.

I am so thankful to see the growth in AJ the past few months.  He is an amazing kid and I am blessed to be his mother.  Wow!  I have an 8 year old.




No comments:

Post a Comment