Thursday, February 26, 2009

1 year ago . . .

I remember the day Aiden was born like it was yesterday. The day's events were nothing like I had planned in my mind. I was a day past my due date and I went in for a regular OB doctor's appointment; everything looked fine and they wanted to schedule an induction. Last year (2008) was leap year and the 29th was the only day that was available for the induction. I wanted him to have an actual birthday and I was determined not to have him on the 29th. I went to Mom's house after my appointment and we went to have breakfast w/ Janice. I got a call from Nurse Colleen and she said "go to the hospital now".  She told me they could do the induction immediately as soon as I arrived.  I wasn't prepared for that, I didn't even get to eat my breakfast, but it was better than a leap year birthday so we got our food to go and headed to Henry Medical Center.  I called Jeff on the way (he was at Shane's in Barnesville) and he had the same concerns as I did about the induction. We got to the hospital around 11:00am, and Jeff met us shortly after. Then the waiting began, but we didn't have to wait too long. Aiden arrived at 7:36pm. I was blessed to have an easy labor and delivery.
That day changed our lives. As many first time parents, we didn't know what to expect and we had a lot of learning to do, but we learned fast. The past year has gone by so fast, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I LOVE being a mother to Aiden! I'm sad to see the first year go, but I'm so looking forward to the years to come.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Time goes so fast doesn't it? I loved hearing your birth story. Happy Birthday Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Aiden, Nannie loves you so much! Love & Kisses

    ReplyDelete