Monday, March 22, 2010

Ty's room

Look who is sleeping in his "big boy" bed!!!!
He's a little crooked, but he's back in his own room (and out of Ty's room)! We started putting him in his bed on Friday night anticipating that he would get out of the bed and we would have to put him back numerous times. That didn't happen at all! He slept great in it and didn't get up once. He has napped in it too!

Yesterday during nap time he got out and came out to find me in the living room, so I didn't push the nap and we put the gate up. I think he just realized that he could walk right out. But overall, it's going great! He feels proud of himself and we encourage him that he is a "big boy". And he understands that Ty needs the crib and the other room is Ty's.

So . . . I finally finished Ty's room yesterday! Personally, I think it's adorable. When Ty was born it was just a bare room with a crib (since we didn't know what we were having). I wanted to give him his own space and I wanted it to be different than Aiden's. I did everything in brown and blue and I did most of it myself like the "T" pillow on the wall and the frames above the crib. Still need to get some pics in frames, but the rest is done.



2 comments:

  1. Ty's room is just adorable! You did a great job, I am very impressed! You are an amazing Mom, taking care of two boys and making all the cute decorative items for Ty's room.
    And my sweet Aiden, he looks so grown up in his big boy bed. That is great he takes naps too. You are a great Mom, and I love you and the boys so much....and yes I am including Jeff (as ome of the boys).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, is that work of the famous Kelsey Nichols I see on the walls??? LOL! It looks wonderful and I may just get you to make Kruz a K pillow for his room :O)

    ReplyDelete