Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chores

Is 2 years old too young to start doing chores? I'm thinking no- I'll take any help I can get!

Aiden is such a great helper around the house! He loves to vacuum, and he actually does a pretty good job. He gets bored/frustrated with his toy vacuum since it doesn't actually pick things up, but the real vacuum is much more exciting! I usually vacuum a room and let him use it after me, he is always anxious to help while I'm using it.

We planted some lilies in the front yard and Aiden loves to water them each day. He sprays each flower and bush and then he'll spray the house or the driveway or whatever he can find. He usually ends up soaking wet after watering, but it entertains him for a good half hour or so! :-)


He also loves to throw things away. He will find a tiny piece of trash on the carpet and say "trash" and put it in the garbage. He takes Ty's diapers to the trash for me. Another chore he helps with is laundry. He takes clothes from a room and puts them in the washer, and when the washer is done, he will help me put them into the dryer. If only I could get him to fold. :-)

1 comment: