Friday, November 12, 2010

Dairy Queen

If you know me, you know that I love ice cream- yes even in the winter, (there is no bad time for ice cream in my opinion).  Every now and then, after dinner Jeff and I treat ourselves to a blizzard for dessert.

  The first time we went to Dairy Queen, we ordered our 2 blizzards and we also ordered a small kids cup for Aiden.  I believe his small scoop of vanilla ice cream was $3!!  You also know that I am a saver and I cut back wherever I can (we only go to DQ with a BOGO coupon), so that was the last time we were going to spend $3 for a kids cup! 

I had the idea to grab a scoop out of the ice cream carton in the freezer and put it in one of our cups.  I hid it in the diaper bag and pulled it out just as we went through the drive through.  Aiden is completely satisfied with his "dairy queen" ice cream and he eats it in the car on the way home just like Mom and Dad!  (we even give him a dairy queen spoon)
 We finished our treats on the couch at home!  Yum Yum!
How long do you think we will be able to fool him with this money saving trick?

No comments:

Post a Comment