Thursday, August 18, 2011

18 months

Our little baby boy is 18 months old already!  Ty is growing like a weed and experiencing new things everyday.  I love this age because he is so interactive, but he is also testing his boundaries.  He grins when I discipline him- I think he knows how cute he is!

Ty . . .

  • loves bread (a plain piece of wheat makes him so happy), cheese is also one of his favorite foods

  • is saying new words almost everyday.  Recently he has said juice, cheese (when I point the camera at him), and bye.

  • sleeps well at night for 8-9 hours and is an early riser, usually between 6:00-7:00.  He has just recently switched from 2 naps to 1 for about 2-3 hours each day.

  • loves to give hugs and kisses.  and likes to cuddle when he first wakes up.

  • knows some body parts; toes, nose, hair, eyes, and belly

  • loves to say "dog", and says "dog" when he sees any animal.  There are horses on the main road outside our neighborhood and when we drive by, like clockwork- Ty says "dog".  I correct him, but I think "horse" is too hard to say.

  • has become a little violent.  He tends to hit Aiden when Aiden has something he wants.  Aiden is so good and never hits back.  He usually tells me "Ty hit" and after disciplining Ty, I'll make them hug each other- its so cute.  Ty also bit his friend Kruz recently while riding in a double stroller with him.  Hopefully this mean streak won't last too long.

  • loves to wear Aiden's underwear.  He puts them on at night after bath over his diaper.

  • loves to drive (play with toy steering wheels) in the grocery cart and with his red coupe car at home

  • wears floaties in the pool and loves the freedom.  He can't swim by himself because he doesn't have full control of his body in the water, but he jumps in and moves around well when I am in the pool with him.

  • loves shoes!  He wants to wear everybody's shoes- he will find a pair that are laying around the house and put them on to walk around in.  He will also bring me my shoes and put them on my feet for me.

  • loves to dance.  He nods his head and flaps his arms up and down while running around.

  • is such a messy eater; has even been known to throw his food on the floor when finished.

  • points one finger on his highchair tray when he wants more food.  He is telling us exactly where he wants us to put it.

Aiden often asks me why Ty does certain things and my usual response is "because he's a baby".  Now, he is completely out of the baby stage and into toddlerhood.  I am enjoying watching him grow so much.  His smile is so contagious and lights up a room.  We are so blessed to have Ty in our family.  He is a happy and healthy little boy and he is loved so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment