Friday, August 26, 2011

3 1/2

Aiden is 3 1/2 years old today.  The day he was born is such a vivid memory for me.  I was so nervous (like most first time moms), and he was so big- 9lbs 5oz and I loved holding him.  He was born at 7:36pm and he slept all night that first night and I just watched him.  He is still a great sleeper.  3 1/2 years later, he has a unique personality and many great character traits.  I am so blessed to be his "mom".  (He has never called me mommy or mama.)

Aiden . . .

  • is so considerate.  He loves to share, mostly food or toys.  He will offer whatever he can to Ty when he cries.

  • is painfully shy around strangers.  He doesn't like to say hi or answer their questions.  Lately, he prefers to sit with Jeff and I in big church, rather than go into his class with the other kids.

  • knows all his colors and letters, and most of his numbers.

  • loves fruit (especially strawberries and pineapple), yogurt, granola bars, chicken nuggets and ice cream.  He will eat vegetables when dessert is rewarded.  He thinks he doesn't like cheese, but eats it on pizza or mixed in a dish, but will not eat it as a slice.

  • sleeps about 11 hours at night and takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon.  I have to wake him up from his nap each day. 

  • loves power tools (especially Dadda's drill), fans, and vacuums.

  • likes to talk on the phone and imitates me when he does.

  • wears 3T-4T clothes and wears a size 11 shoe.

  • weighs 41 lbs.

  • has no interest in television.  He will not sit still for 5 minutes to watch.  Because of this, he knows very few cartoon characters.

  • prays every night at dinner.



He is my big, sensitive, considerate boy.  I love who he is and I couldn't ask for anything more.  God blessed me tremendously when He gave us Aiden 3 1/2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment