Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Boys will be boys

Recently, I have allowed the boys to play with the condiments from the pantry, in their play kitchen in the playroom.  What I thought was completely harmless turned into something strange and aggressive only boys could come up with. 

Earlier today they were "cooking" together with the condiments in their kitchen.  While doing housework, I heard Aiden say to Ty, "let's go in my room".  They both ran in Aiden's room where I assumed they were getting into the toys in his toy box like they usually do.  Often times they will be in there for 20-30 minutes playing perfectly well together and I can actually get things done.  A few minutes went by and I heard some noises and some banging which isn't totally unusual, but I was suspicious.  I folded some more laundry and the noises got louder.  I walked towards Aiden's room and it sounded like bombs were going off in there. 

I had to be quiet, because if they saw or heard me come in the room they would stop whatever they were doing, and I was curious.  I turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door and my two sweet boys were standing at one end of the room launching salad dressing and marinade at the window across the room.  I just envisioned one of the bottles breaking and ranch dressing splattering all over the wall and the floor in his room.  Aiden ran to pick up a bottle and turned around and saw me and he immediately dropped the bottle he was holding.

I disciplined them both and assured them we won't be playing with the condiments any more.  But even as I write this, I am amazed at how they came up with the idea.  They knew I wouldn't approve, but they probably encouraged each other and figured if the other was doing it, they could to.  I cannot even imagine the mischief they will get into when they are older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment