Saturday, December 31, 2011

A look back

2011- In a word . . . "busy".  I started working in March and managing the full-time job of mom/wife and the part-time job of server has been difficult.  We have few nights to have dinner together as a family and some days Jeff and I see each other for just a minute as we exchange vehicles at my restaurant, but here's the good news, this year alone we have paid off $12,000 in debt!  I know this sacrifice will be beneficial to our family, especially the boys, which makes it all worth it.  Our goal is to be debt free (except our house) in 2012.

I consider myself blessed to be able to stay at home with the boys while they are young.  I LOVE my cuddle time in the mornings, getting on the floor playing legos, and running around outside with them.  I know they'll be grown before I know it and this time I have while they are young is special.

They have developed a sweet friendship this year.  Rarely are they apart because their time together is so much fun.  Ty follows Aiden around and lets him tell him what to do.  They do everything together and they share everything, including toys, clothes, and food.  We are starting to confuse their clothes because they are just a size apart and Aiden is often confused because something he just wore will be in Ty's closet the next week.

Aiden is such an interesting little boy.  He is fascinated in electronics of every kind- vacuum, blender, drill, Jeff's iPhone, any electronic toy and of course his game system.  Anything with a plug or a button is interesting to him and he wants to figure out how it works.  Sometimes he will intentionally press the wrong buttons just to see what will happen.  He has gained independence being able to do many things on his own.  He is helpful around the house; recently loading his own dishes in the dishwasher.  He is still very uncomfortable around strangers and has strong separation anxiety.  He doesn't speak to people he doesn't know, but will ask hundreds of questions during the day and especially in the car.  Aiden loves numbers especially those associated to people.  He asks and tells me the age of all of his relative.  Weight is another number he loves- him and Ty use my scale daily and he wants to use other scales at different homes.  He tells me his weight (42 lbs) and wants to know mine and others' weight as well.

Ty is so sweet and laid back.  90 percent of the day he has a smile on his face.  He is talking a lot now, sometimes English and sometimes his own language I don't understand.  He mostly uses one word at a time but he has spoken a few phrases.  He sleeps well at night, naps for about 2 hours each day and loves to be still and cuddle when he wakes up.  He loves his Dad and in certain times wants only to be with him and no one else.  His favorite toys are his Elmos, a remote control car (which he knows how to operate), and books.  He LOVES books and requests to read multiple times a day by bringing Jeff or I the book and putting his arms up to be placed in a lap and read to.  Ty is very coordinated and can throw and catch a ball well.  He eats well but has certain favorites which change from day to day.  He loves bread, cereal, chips, strawberries and french fries.

Some of my memories of 2011:

Coaching Upwards cheer leading in Jan-Mar.  I had a great group of girls and I really enjoyed the experience of some "girl time" each week.

The boys' Train Birthday Party in February at our church.  Ty slept the first half and stuffed his face with cake.  Aiden talked about it for months afterword.

My first week at Olive Garden in March.  I had training for 5 days and it was a hard week to be away from the boys.

My birthday in April and the gift Jeff gave me (camera) to my total surprise.

A short trip to St. Simons for a wedding with Scott and Kari in April- my first night away from Ty.

Joseph's wedding in May- taking the boys with us to Tennessee and Aiden wanting to "dance like a wedding" every night for months afterword (even now).

Elina's wedding in June- a really fun date for Jeff and I.

Pool days at Kristie's house in the summer.

Our beach trip with the Baxter family in September.  It was a fun week long trip.  The boys loved the beach.

Our FPU class at church in Aug-Nov.  We were privileged to be used by God and we learned so much!

I know God has great plans for us next year.  I am excited to watch the boys grow and develop.  I'm amazed at all God has blessed me with and I know His plan is better than mine so I will trust in Him.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great gift to give to the boys. Some day when they ask so many questions about their childhood you can refer them to the blog. As their Gram I love reading all the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year you, Jeff, and the boys had in 2011! You both are wonderful parents. I love reading and seeing the pictures. Thanks for sharing all of your special times. Love you, Nannie

    ReplyDelete