Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Nee"

Toddlers, especially when first learning to talk, will make up their own sounds/noises for people or items that make perfect sense in their little minds.  I remember Aiden did this and a few words took sometime to determine exactly what he meant.  Ty has really been talking a lot lately and for some reason, he refers to Aiden as "Nee".  This little nickname has really stuck because Aiden now responds to it and I have even caught myself using it.  Recently I said to Ty, "This is Ty's cup and this one is Nee's".  Obviously it is easier for Ty to say, but when we break down his name into syllables, he can say it just fine.  I'll say, "Ty, say A" and he'll respond "A", say "din" and he'll say "din".  Then, I'll tell him, "Say Aiden", and he responds "Nee".  I'm sure it won't last forever, and it's actually kinda cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment