Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Aiden at 5 years

5 years ago today, Jeff and I became parents.  We are so thankful God gave us Aiden.

Aiden . . .

is obsessed with infinity.  He uses it in his vocabulary all the time.  He'll say "Chick-fil-A is my infinity favorite" and "Mom, can God go infinity fast in his car?"

often replaces v with b on some of his words, voice is boice,

is shy and freely admits it.  If I ask him to talk to an unfamiliar adult, he looks at me and says, "but, I'm shy"

has gotten very picky with food.  He wants to know all the ingredients in the dinners I make and will look through his food and ask, "What's that green thing".  Through much encouragement, he will try new things and generally eats what I make.  He is very motivated by dessert with his strong sweet tooth.

has a need for speed.  He always wants to look at speedometers, know how fast vehicles travel, and notices speed limits and asks about them.  He knows how high the speedometer goes in my car, in Jeff's car, in Chief's car, in Marcus's motorcycle and probably many others.

is starting to read and can sound out letters.  He can recognize 2 and 3 letter words like "dog" and "cat".

can complete his counting numbers worksheets quickly and easily.  He can actually add and subtract very well.  He loves numbers and would prefer to do math over reading.

loves his baby brother and gets in his face to love on him/talk to him multiple times a day.

always wants to involve Ty.  Example, if Jeff picks up Aiden playing around with him, he'll ask Ty "Ty come here, you wanna do it?"  or if he sets a timer for me in the kitchen, he'll ask if Ty can do it too (even though it doesn't interest Ty as much).

loves riding his bike, and goes very fast on it.  He gave up his training wheels about 6 months ago.

would eat constantly if I let him.  Usually about 30 minutes after lunch, he'll ask, "Mom, can I have something?"  I have to limit his snacks.

is called "AJ" on the baseball field and recently he told me he prefers it over Aiden.

loves to take showers like a big boy.

is very affectionate with people he loves.  He likes to rub Jeff's head or play with my hair.

loves blueberries, kiwi, Chic-fil-A (nuggets and frys), manderine orangs, peanut butter and most of all hard candy.  He doesn't like cheese (except on pizza), hot dogs, shrimp.  He will eat vegetables, but it usually takes him a long time for just a few bites, but he'll do it because he knows he will get something sweet afterwords.

wears size 5 pants, size 5-6 shirts, and size 1 shoe.

Aiden requested Chick-fil-A for dinner tonight and he'll probably eat 10+ nuggets.  I sang to him numerous times and his class sang to him and by the end of the day he said, "not again".  Aiden is such a unique child and I am so blessed to be his mother.  He is so smart and I know God has great plans for him.

Happy Birthday Aiden!

No comments:

Post a Comment