Monday, April 15, 2013

Mark Doc Update

Mark went to the pediatrician for his 6 month check up today!  Here are his stats:

Weight: 15 lbs 11 oz   18%
Length: 27 1/4 in   76%
Head Circ: 17 in   32%

As the nurse weighed him, I immediately noticed that he lost weight.  She told me to ask the doc about it and I did.  I was more concerned than he was.  He said that Mark looks healthy and that I shouldn't be concerned.  He said breastfed babies weight gain usually slows around this age, but I was concerned because he lost weight.  I have to admit I had major mom guilt because this was so unusual for one of MY kids.  I have big healthy boys who are always at the top of the charts for weight (especially as babies).  The doctor said I may be depleting my calories by running and that I just need to eat more. 
We also talked about Mark's constipation issues.  We are going to try to get him regular with just the foods he eats (and no medication).  He'll be eating lots of pears, prunes, and peaches. 
They made sure Mark's motor skills were developing; rolling over both ways, sitting with support, babbling, and reaching for objects.
He received 3 vaccinations again and we'll go back for a check up at 9 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment