Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Time Fun

On Day 2 of our Summer break, I realized that I have to soak up this time I have with the boys while they are young and make the most of it.  I committed myself to playing, crafting and having fun with the 3 blessings God has given me.  In turn my laundry may get piled up and my house won't be as clean as I would like it to be, but this time is too precious to waste!
 
For yesterday's activity, we made a Rocket Ship with an old box!  The making of the rocket took a couple hours; it has a steering wheel, a speedometer, a gas gauge, a gas tank, a key hole and of course lots of buttons.  The boys loved making it and they loved playing in it.  They had snacks in the rocket ship and even watched TV.  They were very creative and "drove" it many places.
 
 
 
Today's activity was an alphabet game!  Aiden drew all the letters individually on pieces of paper and we found objects that start with the each letter.  Ty loved finding the objects.  X was the most difficult- I had to print an X-ray off the computer, but it was good practice for both of them.  When we were cleaning up, I realized we did two "U"s and didn't use "N", because Aiden's "N" got turned upside down. :-)
 

 
If anyone has other suggestions on activities we can do please let me know.  My creativity my run out before summer's out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment