Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Aiden- 6 years old

Six years ago, God gave me the privilege of being a mother.  I LOVE it, it's been a wonderful journey and we're just getting started.  Aiden is such a unique special little boy.  He's the big boy in our house, but every time I pick him up from school, I am reminded just how little he still is. :-)

Aiden . . .

has improved in reading so much this year.  He knows hundreds of sight words and can sound out most other words.  I love hearing him read.

is very sweet to Mark.  He will feed him, help him, and give him toys to play with.

loves riding his bike more than other activity!

likes playing golf, playing Wii, playing games on my ipad, air hockey, twister, and playing games with other people.

is now wearing his third pair of glasses in a year.  On the first pair, the nose piece broke, and the second pair got a scratched lens.  He is only slightly nearsighted in his right eye.

tells me he doesn't like school, but likes outside time and gym.  He gives up very little information about what they do at school each day.

is still shy and doesn't like to talk to people he doesn't know well.

can be very bossy to Ty ordering him to do things.  Most of the time, Ty will do them without question.

can swing on his own by kicking his feet out and under.

has such an interest in speed.  He loves to talk about how fast anything goes (cars, bikes, planes, trains, etc.)

is very ticklish.

likes to eat peanut butter, strawberries, chicken nuggets, applesauce, granola bars, grapes, chicken noodle soup, spaghetti and has recently become interested in how much protein is in every food (because Dad told him it will make him stronger).  Once I told him that cauliflower has the most protein and he asked for it for days and actually ate it too.  :-)

now eats string cheese and cheese on pizza, but no other cheeses (unless he doesn't know it is in the dish)

likes to randomly get a pencil and paper and write.  Recently he wrote "Jef and Hide luf ech uther" and it just melted my heart.  

is such a good sleeper.  has not woken up in the middle of the night in longer than I can remember.


I brought Chick-fil-A and Chocolate/chocolate cupcakes to Aidens school for lunch today per his request and we will have Chick-fil-A again for dinner because thats what he wanted.  I asked him this morning if he was going to continue to cuddle with me now that he is 6 and he told me he would cuddle with me until he turns 32. :-)

Happy Birthday Big Boy!


1 comment: