Saturday, October 18, 2014

5k in Athens

Kylie and my brother ran a 5k last year and I promised Payton that I would run it with him this year.  Jeff, AJ, and Wyatt jumped in to run as well.  Jeff and I were training for our half marathon, so it was a good opportunity.  I was concerned about AJ running by himself so my brother agreed to run with him.  It was a small race (about 50 people) and the weather was beautiful.  We took off and Kylie lead the pack and never lost her lead.  Jeff and I ran together most of the way and we passed AJ at one point without his uncle.  He said he was okay running on his own.  We tried to catch Kylie, but she was too fast- I was so impressed with her and when she finished, she wasn't even tired.  She took first place over all with a time of 26 minutes Jeff and I came in shortly after at 27 minutes (Jeff- 27.20, and Me-27.45) both Personal Bests for us.  As soon as I finished I turned around to look for AJ and he wasn't too far behind.  I was so proud when I saw him turning the corner towards the finish line.  Jeff went back to finish the race with him.  He finished in 31.22 minutes.  Both of us were blown away.  He never walked and finished faster than we anticipated.  Wyatt, Payton and Uncle Marcus all finished shortly after.







These are the top 3 boys and top 3 girls in order.  AJ took second place and was probably the youngest kid who ran.  The other boys (1st and 3rd place) were 10 and 11 years old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment