Monday, March 7, 2011

First Steps

Ty took his first steps today!  He has been walking while holding on to tables or the sofa for a while, but today he took 3 steps all by himself!  I stood him up on the floor and made sure he was balanced before I let go, then I scooted myself back and held out my hands for him to come to me and he did!  He doesn't lift his feet very high- he shuffles as he walks, but he took a few steps.  He loves the independence and laughs as he balances himself.  He did it for Jeff when he got home too!  My baby boy is becoming a little toddler!

He is much more comfortable crawling on the floor.  He likes to walk while holding on to a table and then he lowers himself to the floor to get around when there is nothing to hold on to.  He will only walk by himself when encouraged by myself or Dadda. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much Aiden and Ty look alike. They make
    quite the pair. Can't wait to see you soon. Love Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete