Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dreams

Recently, Aiden has been having some unusual dreams and they are just too funny for me not to document.  A few nights ago, he came into our room at 2:30am (which is very unusual); he walks over to my side of the bed and wakes me up, "mom, mom".  When I acknowledge him, he looks at me and says, "there is a lizard in my bed".  I quickly become panicked and wake Jeff up to go check out the situation in Aiden's room.  A few minutes later Jeff walks back in our room and reassures me that there isn't a lizard in Aiden's room and Aiden is tucked back in his bed.  Ten minutes later I hear footsteps; Aiden again at my bedside insisting there is a lizard in his bed.  After asking him about the lizard, he says "I tried to catch him, but he ran down to my feet really fast".  Aiden has never had a big imagination, nor does he make up random stories, so I am growing concerned.  I walk with him back to his room and I check all the walls and baseboards, the ceiling and I shake his comforter thoroughly- no lizard.  I guess he finally fell back asleep and slept the rest of the night.  We are attributing the whole thing to a dream, but I guess we'll never actually know, but so I can sleep at night I will continue to say he had a dream and there wasn't actually a lizard in my son's bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment