Monday, April 23, 2012

A weekend away

Jeff surprised me for my birthday with a weekend beach trip- kid free!  We spent the weekend laying on the beach, relaxing, eating some really great food, and talking (without interruptions).  It was nice to be together and we had a great time, but I think the kids had even more fun than we did . . .


They spent the weekend with Gram and Chief and did all kinds of fun stuff!  They rode their bikes and played outside in the yard and took a trip to Publix with Gram, and a trip to Lowes with Chief.  Aiden told me, "Chief likes the way it smells in Lowes".  Turns out, they entered on the garden side, and Dad made a comment on the scent of the flowers.  On Saturday, they went to Athens to watch Payton play baseball and then went to go see Aunt Shelley at her work- Longhorn's steak house.  They all shared a yummy chocolate cake dessert after dinner.  The boys went to church on Sunday and then to Chuck-E-Cheese for an afternoon playing games!  I was anxious to see them Sunday afternoon, but I think it was a great trip for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment