Tuesday, December 9, 2014

AJ's Christmas Program

I remember seeing a flyer in AJ's folder about a Christmas program a couple weeks ago.  I briefly asked him about it and he didn't show much interest; I tossed it in the trash and didn't think much of it.  He isn't the kid who loves the stage.  Today, he gets in the car and says, "Mom, I have to be back at school by 5:45 for the program", and I'm thinking, this was not what I had planned to do tonight.  Jeff had to work late and couldn't make it.  AJ was excited and wanted to go, so I called and asked my mom to go with me (mainly to help with Mark).  AJ got dressed in "church clothes" for his program.  The school was very crowded, but we found our friends the Rego's and sat near them.  The kids performed in grade levels.  The first graders were so cute!  They sang "Merry Christmas to the red, white and blue" and a cute sassy version of "Roudolf".  Mr. Fowler said, "These first graders have attitude, I wonder where they get that from".  AJ knew all the words and motions.  The stage was crowded so he couldn't move a whole lot, but he was so cute up there and I was so proud of him.  He got off the stage and acted like it was no big deal- such a funny kid!





No comments:

Post a Comment