Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Beach!


My brother & I along w/ our families visited our grandparents in Gulf Shores, AL last week. I wish I had a picture of the car ride- we had 4 adults & 4 kids in a Yukon- it was packed! Aiden was fussy on the ride up, but was good on the way back (through the night). We actually went to the beach twice last year, but he was too young to play-so this time he actually got to experience it. When we first came out, the waves and sand were overwhelming. He did not want to leave Daddy's arms. He sat in the tent for a while to take it all in. After a half hour or so, I took him out and sat him in the sand and he was much more comfortable. He realized he could pick it up, throw it, eat it and play with sand! We even put him close to the water and let the waves come up on him and he laughed- He enjoyed it as long as the waves didn't get too high- which made him nervous. We had a great time on the trip, but I learned that vacation w/ children is not relaxing- its fun, exciting, busy, and adventurous, but it is not relaxing. I brought a couple books to read, but I didn't open one. It was great to spend time w/ my wonderful family and be entertained by Aiden and his 3 cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! He looks like he is having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH just you wait !!!! It get's even better..Disney world..Fishing ( sort of ) Water sking..kneebording...more of the beach.......Just let me tell you the secret..when you travel with another set of parents..let the dads take the kids on the way there and the moms have them on the way back..They are usually so tired that they sleep on the way home...It worked for your mom and me !!! love janice

    ReplyDelete