Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boys will be boys!

He's only 1 and he's such a boy! Aiden is throwing, hitting, and banging things all day. Every time I turn around he has a random object (i. e. spatula, ball, cup, hanger, book or whatever else he can find) and he's destroying something with it. Just this week, I was hit on the nose with a cell phone and hit right above the eye with a cabinet door (I was leaning down to give him a kiss- and that was his response). The walls of my new house have tons of marks on them from his toys; I've gotten over jumping up with the magic eraser every time to wash the wall- I would be doing it all day. Aiden loves noises, so whatever he can bang together or drop on the floor to make the loudest racket is great fun for him! We have a small Christmas tin and it's one of his favorite toys. Dropping it on the floor or throwing objects into it has been quite entertaining. It's just amazing to me that he is so destructive at such a young age. And its just the way he is- he doesn't have siblings; it's not a learned behavior, he's just a little destroyer. I don't know where he gets it, but my girlfriends tell me "he's a boy". God made him this way. Did He make all boys like this? My dad has always said "he's going to break stuff", and I'm beginning to think he is exactly right.

3 comments:

  1. You should listen to your father! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember Jeff doing that, but maybe my memory is going too! (You know he was the almost perfect child) HA HA....but it was all fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((laughing))) Thanks for sharing what I have to look forward to! They already like to bang on pans & smash their toys into the floor.

    ReplyDelete