Thursday, May 7, 2009

Climbing

Guess who's climbing on everything? Aiden of course! He learned how to climb about a week ago, first on the sofa. He throws his body against the cushion and lifts one leg over the side- it's a struggle, but he gets up. Sometimes he'll just sit beside me, but usually he's crawling and walking on the sofa. He also likes to lean over the arm rest. He has tried climbing out of the tub, on the tables and into cabinets. When I get on the floor, he loves to climb over me! I usually get a knee in the stomach or an elbow in the face- but he has fun.  ha ha
A few nights ago he actually climbed out of his crib! I heard him moving around on the monitor and then I heard him start to cry. I jumped up and went in to his room and he was sitting in his small kid chair just fussing. I of course checked for bumps and bruises, but he seemed to be fine. He must have fallen out of his crib and gotten up to go sit in his chair. We lowered the crib (at around 5:00 am), and put him back to bed. It was already low- I never would have thought he could have gotten out, but now it's on the lowest setting. Let's hope it will keep him contained. ha ha!



1 comment:

  1. He is so cute when he climbs though. Get ready one day he might go up a tree and your heart stops because you don't want him to fall. I think he might be getting ready to climb all over that gymnastics equipment though. HAHA Jeff.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete