Friday, August 7, 2009

Words

Aiden has been picking up new words lately and I know if I don't document it I'll forget:

"Oh yeah" his first words, but he's not saying it much now.
"Da Da" he says this constantly. He likes to look at pictures of Jeff and say it.
"Owe" when he falls or bumps his head. He likes to whisper this word.
"Ba Ba" this is actually him trying to say Ma Ma. He doesn't say it much though.
"Haaa" this is his word for 'hot'. He'll say this when he is eating something hot or when I have the oven on.
"Douw" he is such a climber and he is used to me saying "get down", now whenever he climbs on something this is what he says for 'down'.
"Nana" he is trying to say banana.

He has a couple other words that don't make any sense at all. i. e. he says "Da" for "light" and I'm sure there are others that I haven't picked up on. All these words have association, he will babble and say some other words, but I know he doesn't know the meaning of them yet. He understands a lot more words like "no" and "don't touch", which I say to him frequently. He's a pretty quiet kid for the most part, but I know he'll be picking up new words soon. He is learning so much at this age!

No comments:

Post a Comment