Friday, August 3, 2012

"Does God hear me?"

(written by Jeff)

We were driving home from Nannie's house and there was a thunderstorm ahead of us.  I told the boys to watch for lightning, but there was none for a while.  Aiden asked why there wasn't any lighting.  He suggested we ask God to make some lighting.  From his car seat, he said, "Hey God, Will you make more lightning?" and sure enough he saw a few lightning bolts come from the sky.  Some time passed and both the boys were looking intensely out their windows.  Aiden asked God again, but this time he didn't see lightning right away.  Then he asked me, "Does God hear me when I talk to him?"  I told him, "yes he always hears you, but he may not do what you ask when you want him to."  Aiden understood what I told him and learned a very important lesson tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone could use this lesson, what a great opportunity to teach Aiden & Ty about answered prayers.

    ReplyDelete