Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mark is Here!

We welcomed our third baby boy into the world on October 11, 2012 at 3:40pm.  His name is Mark Levi Baxter and we are so happy he is here!  The labor and delivery went well and he is a healthy boy.  He was 8 lbs and 20 inches long (almost the exact same size as his brother Ty)
 
 


 

 
The labor was much longer than I expected, but I had an epidural so I felt very little pain.  Jeff and I played scrabble on my iPad while we waited.  It was so quiet in our room, and we talked about how our lives were about to change, how we thought the boys would react, and how anxious we were to see what Mark looked like.  The hospital was very busy and my nurses were rushing in and out of my room.  I was so relieved when he finally arrived and I was so excited to hold him.  We spent some time with him before they took him to clean him up.  The older boys arrived later that night and brought me flowers and a plant.  Aiden was so excited to ride the elevator at the hospital and when he saw the buttons on my hospital bed, he was amazed and that held his interest almost the whole time.  We finally got Mark back and Ty was anxious to hold him, but Aiden was more interested in the bed.  The boys were excited and explored everything in my room.  Everyone was able to hold Mark and visit before heading home.
We are so happy to have this new addition to our family and we can't wait to see what he becomes! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment